OK, it wasn't really a wild jungle, but compared to all the other camping I've done in the past 4 years (none) it was great. Lucy and I joined up with a bunch of our friends from the ward over at Ho'olamuhia campgrounds over in Kane'ohe. We both had a great time.We ate McDonalds on the way and then sat in the parking lot and got yummy ice cream Drumsticks all over the place. Lucy ran around with her friends for a few hours while I sat around the campfire and talked with the other grown-ups. We had smores when it got dark. Lucy didn't understand why we were putting the marshmallows in the fire on a stick. She usually loves marshmallows, but spit this one right out. So, like her dad, she enjoyed the chocolate & grahm crackers by themselves. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her we were going to sleep in a tent. She was so confused. But after an hour of "dada, come in the tent please!" she finally went to sleep.
The next morning we ate pastries & fruit for breakfast before we took a walk to the lake with all the other kids. They climbed on fallen trees, threw rocks in the lake, and looked for bugs & fish. I forgot my camera, so these both came from my cell phone, and I had to use a flashlight as a flash. Next time I'll remember my camera (and my wife!)
No comments:
Post a Comment