Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our first zoo trip, finally

Well, I'm now an official dad: I took Lucy to the zoo. Grandma has taken her twice before and is always talking about how much fun it was. So last week when all 3 MINIs were out, Lucy & I packed a lunch and went to the Honolulu Zoo.

It didn't stink as much as I remembered from when I was little. We saw flamingo's and Lucy practiced standing on one leg. We saw crazy loud Lemurs, but they weren't singing "you've got to move it, move it." The monkeys put on a good show, and Lucy informed me that she wasn't scared of the dark when we entered the reptile tunnel.

We finally made it to the African section way at the back of the park just in time to sit on some boulders and eat lunch. While we ate we got to watch the giraffes, zebra & rhino hang out together. We saw the lion, tiger, elephants & gorillas, but they were all being really boring & stayed asleep. Like her dad 20 years ago, Lucy enjoyed hiding out in the enormous Banyan trees. She even learned how to drink out of a camalback (and hasn't stopped trying to drink out of it since we got home).

Of course, the highlight of the park was the playground at the end, where she got out the last few kilojoules of energy and I gave my old-man feet a rest. I think we'll go back again soon.

No comments: