Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Bean Museum

The BYU Bean Museum... I guess the pictures do all of the talking. Kenric & I took the girls to the Bean Museum on Martin Luther King Jr. day, a few Mondays ago. It was fun to get to hang out as a family, as K-dawg is at school for the most part these days. We hit the Bean, then In & Out (for my semi-annual burger), and finally Toys are Us. I know, such fun parents right? At least for a few minutes.

So back to the Bean... I have to admit, the first time I ever went it was a a little freaky. The whole place is full of animals, who used to be alive, and still look alive, but are somehow magically preserved so kids and their families can come check them out. It is a large two-story building and the animals range from tiny insects, to Bears, Elephants, and Rhinos. So here we are:

Kenric & the cuties

Checking out the ducks...

Me & Lucy... and little Vilhelm poking out through my coat

Can you see what I mean by freaky??

2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Hahaha, I love that last picture. You crack me up, Becky.

Juanita said...

Fun day! Great place - it brought back lots of memories last Fall. Thanks. The girls and little guy are growing so big! Just a few more weeks:)